Acorn Stairlifts is a British company with offices in Europe, North America and Australia. It has been making a range of stairlifts since 1992. To date over 125,000 Acorn products have been manufactured which are in use all over the world.
The Acorn 80 Curved Stairlift
The Acorn 80 has been designed for curved stairs. It is the perfect solution for elders, handicapped people with knee, leg and hip conditions, and others with mobility issues which makes it difficult, if not impossible, to climb stairs. Like other Acorn products, the Acorn 80 is easy to use with the minimum of controls. It is fully equipped for comfort with all the safety features that you’ll need. Installation is simple and takes days rather than weeks.
- The Acorn 80 Curved StairLift attaches itself to the stairs and not the wall
- Its fold-away, slimline design does not obstruct other stair-users.
- It adopts an innovative modular rail system
- It is fitted with automatic speed adjustment for optimal performance
Acorn 80 Stairlift Features
- Padded seat and backrest provides an exceptional ride
- Swivel seat for easy entry and exit without twisting
- Fitted with easy to operate directional paddle switch, even for those with restricted dexterity
- Safety belt for added security
- Folding arms and footrest for easy entry and exit
- Lockable on/off switch prevents other from using the device
- Diagnostic digital display keeps the user informed about system status
- Safety sensors, fitted to footrest and carriage, stop the lift if they find an obstruction
- Comes with 2 remote controlled handsets to start the lift or call it when needed
- Battery powered. Works even during power outages
Technical specifications For Acorn 80 Curved Stairlift
- Type of drive – Rack and pinion for smooth, silent operation
- Power supply – 24 Volts DC
- Passenger capacity – 265 lbs
- Operational speed – 4.8” per sec maximum
What About Service And Support?
Acorn stairlifts carry a comprehensive warranty for up to 5 years. Beyond that, service is only a phone call away, 7 days a week.
Free Site Survey
If you are planning to buy a curved stairlift, the company will first send its surveyor to your premises to conduct a free survey with measurements. Based on this you will be given a fixed, no obligation written quotation.
How much does an Acorn Stair Lift cost?
Because every stair lift is different, Acorn Stairlifts does not publish a fixed price. The cost will depend on the configuration of the curved stairs in your home. A quotation will be given to you after your stairs have been surveyed. Each Acorn stairlift is custom built based on the surveyor’s dimensions. If you’d like a free information pack, fill in the online form at http://www.acornstairlifts.com/us/.
Does Medicare cover the cost of an Acorn Stair Lift?
Unfortunately not, because Medicare does not consider stairlifts a medical necessity. However people in need of medical devices, which are not covered by Medicare or insurance, have other funding avenues. You could call the Veteran’s Administration for more details. Most states also have specific organizations which give low interest loans for this purpose.